🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Payment processing

Started by
2 comments, last by Jester101 23 years, 2 months ago
What kind of payment do you accept for your games? I do: - Creditcards - Checks - Money order I was wondering if there are any special or new payment methods that would make it easier, more secure or general more popular to pay with?

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
Looks like you have it covered.

Credit cards are the most important method to support, IMO.

I think it''s also important to support mail-in payments...primarily because if you set it up right, those payments require no "processing fee". You get to keep 100% of the money sent in. And 100% is a good percentage.

DavidRM
Samu Games
I think you''ve got all the major ones there, unless you want to start accepting gold bullion or something like that. Really, I can''t think of anything else that would add to your sales. Those are what''s most convenient.

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

Down with Tiberia!
"All your women are belong to me." - Nekrophidius
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
What about PayPal? They charge service fees of course, but then so do other credit card processors... PayPal is often a very convenient method of payment, and I think it''s going to extend past online auctions.

These guys are going to become one of the central points of cash transactions on the Web -- the same idea MS had with Passport''s "wallet" service and MasterCard is trying to do. PayPal just happened to go after the right market and now they pretty much own it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement