🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IDirectPlay8Client - Connection Info

Started by
2 comments, last by FVector4 23 years ago
Has anyone else found that the GetConnectInfo() method for IDirectPlay8Client seems to return silly values for its Bytes/Second throughput rate. Perhaps someone call explain how it calculates it rate. Perhaps I am using it wrong? Does this rate include header size. Is it actually Bits/Second and not Bytes. what is its update period? Cheers!
Advertisement
I''m not at home just now so I can''t give you the exact spot, but the sample programs that microsoft provided with their SDK may be of some use for "documentation" purposes... not really documentation, but you''ll at least get a working idea of how to use it.

Sorry I can''t do more for you.

-Ben
-Ben
Thanx Pagan316, unfortunatly all my code is based on the SDK stuff... anyother ideas?
No problems here (using VB - Directplay8 then), but some of those return values need to be averaged first, sometimes it takes a while... Latency doesn''t appear immediatly either, first a few packets needs to be sent/received.

That''s actually the only reason I could think of..
www.persistentrealities.com for Inline ASM for VB, VB Fibre, and other nice code samples in C++, PHP, ASP, etc.<br/>Play Yet Another Laser Game!<br/>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement