🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My New Tutorial on Non Blocking Servers

Started by
2 comments, last by Gachuk 23 years, 1 month ago
Hello All Well i have been workin away, and trying to get this tutorial on Non Blocking Servers done Well its done, the code isnt perfect, i mean there could be improvements but it shows you how to make a basic Non Blocking Server with basic message handling support. So Here it is: http://www.vgdc.net/tutorials/ I hope it helps all the people looking for tutorials on winsock. It may be updated in time but generally it will stay the same Thanks Gachuk
Gachuk
Advertisement
Damn Big prob in this code

see if you can spot

I will post up new fix soon as i figure it out heh

Gachuk
Gachuk
You mean besides the indentation?

I see several problems... but primarily that you''re using select() instead of ASyncSelect(). If you''re going to code for Win32, why not use the appropriate API instead of an obsolete one?

I realize a standard Win32 console app doesn''t have a message handler by default, but you can certainly get around that.
Endless while loop at the end... nice.
I''d assume you are intending to set "bye" to true if some quit message is received locally, checked for once every cycle?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement