🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Interpolation in multiplayer games.

Started by
0 comments, last by Doddler 23 years ago
Hello everybody. I''m working on a space ship fighting game just as a small pet project of mine, and although I got all the directplay8 code up and running, I want to build the code with interpolation in mind so I don''t have to go back and fix it up. The question is, does anybody know any tutorials, sample code, or anything on this topic (stuff for directplay8 would be nice, but I could try to pick apart anything..)? The games supposed to be fast paced, so I would like some way to atleast make it look like everyone''s games are going the same way. I''m currently using a client server system, and basically not too much code has been written, so changing it wont be any problem. BTW, off topic, does anyone know how to get a GUID for Directplay? I''m currently using one from the mssdk examples, but it can''t stay that way forever Thanks goes to anyone who can help! Doddler
Advertisement
As for the offtopic question: Use guidgen, a program that comes with Windows. It generates guids for you.

LostLogic
www.lostlogic.com
Author, Multiplayer Game Programming

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement