🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Geared Towards LostLogic

Started by
12 comments, last by dachande 22 years, 11 months ago
It''s Kalvin with a ''K'' which is also a proper spelling so no need to "correct" it.

How do I know a low end system can handle thousands of clients?

I''m doing it. I don''t post source so don''t ask.

Ben

Icarus Independent

Jump Down The Rabbithole
Advertisement
KalvinB,

I wasn't correcting it. My apologies for my typo. And I wasn't going to ask for the source. You seemed a little bit negative in your reply. As I said prior.. I wasn't flaming. It's genuine curiosity. What kind of activity do these clients have? Are there 1000 innactive connections, or have you managed a player test with 1000 people running around and doing things? If so, what's the nature of the data your sending? Is it a relatively innactive environment with a lot of state info and static object locations that don't require as much server/client synchronization?

Edited by - Programinator on August 1, 2001 3:10:28 AM
I'll be back.---------------------Supervisor: Attention, whoever you are. This channel is reserved for emergency calls only...John McClane: No fucking shit, lady! Do I sound like I''m ordering a pizza?
I''m sorry it came off badly. What I should say is that I''m impressed that you managed to do what you''ve done. Is there a particular technique you used or just good optimization and clean logic?
I'll be back.---------------------Supervisor: Attention, whoever you are. This channel is reserved for emergency calls only...John McClane: No fucking shit, lady! Do I sound like I''m ordering a pizza?
It''s just really optimized.

It can be done that''s all I''m saying. I can''t get into one part of how it''s done without discussing the whole thing so I''m not even going to try.

Ben

Icarus Independent

Jump Down The Rabbithole

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement