🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programmers required

Started by
5 comments, last by Btzortz 4 years, 4 months ago
Project name: Kin Brief description: This is a 3D multiplayer war game, mixing stategy, teamwork, building, trading and large scale epic battles. players will take on a new life for one of seven world regions, then work, socialize, progress,lead, train and fight, in order to aid their teams success in becoming the worlds dominating empire. Target aim: Retail, pc Compensation: percentage of net profits, or optional deferred payment scheme. Talent needed: Game Programmers - Experienced C++ Programmers required. Previous game programming experience is preferred, AI, Network, UI, 3D Programming is a bonus. The Successful applicant will be working closely with our other programmers, therefore good English communication skills are required. Applicants must have enough time to commit to a serious and ambitious project, attending the bi-weekly meetings on skype and offer the team a proactive attitude towards development. A minimum input of 15 hrs per week is required. Lead Programmer - Experienced C++ Programmer with good organisation skills is required. Will be helping to coordinate, document and run our code section. Must have a solid grasp of game programming, development and be able to work closely with our other programmers, deligating tasks, updating trac and svn, documenting, systems UMLs, etc, so good communication skills in English are necessary. Applicants must have enough time to commit to a serious and ambitious game project and have a positive sense of responsibility to the team, attending the bi-weekly meetings on skype and offer the team a proactive attitude towards development. A minimum input of 15 hrs per week is required. Team structure: Creative Director Writer/Historian Writer Composer Sound Eng Modeller/Animator Animator/Rigger 2D/Artist x 4 Programmer x 4 Website: Kin Contacts: info@kinwars.com Alternatively send a pm or reply to this post. Feedback: Feedback welcome
Advertisement
Still looking to fill 1 more place
Hi,

Are you still looking for programmers? I am experienced in 2D game programming with DirectX. I really liked the design of your site(because it gives the idea that your project is serious), so I decided to apply.

I have proper(or kinda high) understanding of geometry, like intersections of objects in a 3D world.
Moreover the best thing I find about me is my understanding and using of OOP.
I think I can contribute this project with my OOP skills.I am also creative and like to bind systems, like web and win applications.
So it seems to me that your project is a chance for me to prove what can I do in a complex project.

Thanks, have a nice day !
Hey, and thanks for your kind words. We are a serious bunch afterall!

We have had quite a number of applicants recently and infact have filled our 2 spaces with some very tallented Developers in the last couple of days, so I was meaning to close the positions unfortunately.

However if you or any others have a very strong gamedev background, with perhaps some previous profesional development experience, we will definately be able to consider bringing one more on board.

Thanks again.
If there are still any slots available, I'd like to subscribe myself as programmer.
I've got a lot of experience with c++, but I'm still a student.

However, I have experience with networking, UI and 3d programming which might be a bonus. I'd like to get in contact soon since I've got a lot of free day's ahead and want to keep programming!
-Please rate me if you find my replies useful.
email sent

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement