🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Device/Direct3D Error

Started by
10 comments, last by jljones 22 years, 11 months ago
Anonymous: How are you exiting the program? Are you hitting the ESC key or clicking on the X?

Try the opposite of what you are doing to exit the program and see if the problem persists. I have seen this problem on one video card before and would like you to send me your system specs. Also, let me know if changing the way you exit fixes it.

LostLogic
www.lostlogic.com
Author, Multiplayer Game Programming

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Advertisement
I''ve tried both ways. Originally hitting the close window(x) then using escape. It happens either way. I just downloaded the latest Detonator drivers and problem still persists.

System specs are:

P3-933
256 megs of ram
GeForce2 AGP 32 megs
Windows 98

I have the latest version of DirectX8 SDK installed. I did not try the one off the CD because someone said it had an error. I would have tried it just for debugging reasons but did not for that reason. I do have the latest version of it installed however.

I looked through the vcleanup() code but couldn''t find what was causing the problem or if it is in fact a cleanup problem. I just assumed it was initially because everything runs fine the first time through but then if I attempt to access the DirectDraw driver on any other software(or re-run the client) I receive the error. The error is No Direct3D device. So it seems as if it''s locked in use.

I also tried runnign it in both full screen and windowed mode.

If I figure anything out I''ll let you know.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement