🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Multiplayer Game Programming - CD

Started by
1 comment, last by Impz0r 22 years, 11 months ago
hi, I''ve by the Book Multiplayer Game Programming in the last days and i was wondering about the CD. I''ve search for the Tutorial code on the CD but the Directorys for the Tutorials were empty whats wrong here? But another question were can i found tutorials or source how to implement UDP Client/Server Sockets? I hope you can help me out here :D Thx Imp
Stay Evil & Ugly!
Advertisement
You need to run the setup program on the CD (autorun it) and install the source code. Once you have done that you should be able to see all of it.

All of the UDP type code is for the DirectPlay coverage. The sockets tutorials show TCP/IP. If you need some help with UDP sockets, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

hi,

hmmm , i must haven''t seen the setup :D
ok thanks i would try the tutorials...but i want to implement the UDP Client/Server Socket with winsock, not yet with DPlay. The reason is while i want to learn how does it work, and i would see if i''s faster than the DPlay Socket.

I''ve found no tutorial about how to implement UDP Socket correct,
is this while is hard to implement or while all coders be afraid for UDP? Hmmm, i''ve implement some Abstract sockt class and an inherited TCP Socket from it. Hmmm for the UDP Socket i want do the same as for the TCP, but how do i implement my own packed handler? Mean the packes arrived how he likes to be arrive :D
Must i give every Packed an ID and an Packed lenght, to check how to order the packeds and if the packed successful arrived?
Hmmm, im a litle confused, can you help me out here LostLogic??

Ok hope you can understand my damn stupid english :D

Imp
Stay Evil & Ugly!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement