🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

single char input

Started by
0 comments, last by LordKaT 22 years, 11 months ago
Hey all, Im working on a mud codebase (yeah yeah, I hear the taunts :p), and ive gotten most of it to work pretty darn well (Im proud of myself ), however, my robustness is lacking, specifically in the area of clients that send data one character at a time.. Exactlly, how the heck should I handle this? Im guessing I should just listen for data and send it into a temporary buffer until a \n is reached, or is there a better way? Im using WinSock2, under win2k, and each client is spun off into its own thread... why? Because I can thats why! --LordKaT
Advertisement
Heh. Programming a MUD server is nothing to be ashamed of. There isn''t THAT much difference between that and a MMORPG server.

The clients are sending one character per packet? I would send them a message back telling them to get a telnet program that doesn''t do that, and then we''ll talk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement