🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IDirectPlay8:Connect() and DPN_MSGID_CONNECT_COMPLETE

Started by
-1 comments, last by FVector4 22 years, 10 months ago
Hi, According to the Directplay SDK. When calling IDirectPlay8Client:Connect() with the flags parameter including DPNCONNECT_SYNC. The connection should be handle synchronously and a DPN_MSGID_CONNECT_COMPLETE will not be sent to the client message handler. FROM THE SDK ============ dwFlags - Flag that describes the connection mode. You can set the following flag. DPNCONNECT_OKTOQUERYFORADDRESSING Setting this flag will display a standard Microsoft® DirectPlay® dialog box, which queries the user for more information if not enough information is passed in this method. *** DPNCONNECT_SYNC *** Process the connection request synchronously. Setting this flag does not generate a DPN_MSGID_CONNECT_COMPLETE system message. Oh yes it does! has anyone else found this or am I perhaps doing something wrong? Not that I mind... I can just ignore the message. Cheers,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement