🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Group Network Games

Started by
-1 comments, last by upersad 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I''m looking to develop an educational game for my Mphil project to teach computer security. I am planning to have two teams of players in the game: the attackers and the defenders. The object of the game will be ( of course ) for the attackers to launch attacks on the visual network presented and the defenders to defend by actively trying to look for the attacker''s methodology. The trick is that the entire game visually will comprise of a 3d network laid out and the gamer will be able to see and interact with computer components as well as other networking hardware. The challenge is that once discovered, the attackers will become visible to the the defenders who acquire points for stopping/discovering the attack. I am looking for information to implement such a system. IF anyone can point me to some resources on this type of networked gameplay and on programming such a system, I would be very grateful. The idea of my project is to take what exists and try to push the technology forward. So I basically need to find all the information that exists on this type of multiplayer programming that currently exists. Thannks!! Umesh upersad@tstt.net.tt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement