🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Several positions available for online platform RPG project.

Started by
11 comments, last by Nopenopenopenopenope 12 years, 3 months ago
Team name:
Game Realm Studios.

5Tu5H.jpg
Current logo, and name, is a work in progress.

Project name:
The game is codenamed "Venture", however we cannot keep this name due to copyright issues.

Brief description:
Name: Noname (codenamed Venture)
Genre: Multiplayer Platform RPG.
Current development time: 1.5 years.

Story: Venture is an adventure game, where the main objective of the game, is to venture the world, seeking adventures.
As the game lacks a main story, the quest will be given more work than in you usual rpg game, certain quests will
unlock a continuation of the quest, a sort of quest chain.

Content Focus: 1~4 player co-op dungeons, puzzles and quests.
Additional content: Up to 64 player PvP content after release.

Other: Game will feature RPG elements such as character leveling, attributes, traits, talents, classes, races and skills.

Target aim:
We're planing to release the game on the Steam platform once it reaches final, probably around $4.99 ~ $7.49.

Compensation:
If the game is ever finished, and released, then everyone who worked on the project will be payed accordingly.
This all depends on how much work you've done for the team, and the profit we make, if any

Technology:
We're releasing the game for Windows, but we're also looking into Linux and Mac as well.
The language used is C++ along with the SFML library.

We're making our own dev-tools and such for the game. (world editor etc)

Planing on using the Steam API, for server browser and other stuff.

!Positions available!

SOUND
--Sound Effects: [size=2]16bit SNES style RPG sound effects. (Everything from hit sounds, to weapon swings, to magic attacks.)

ART
--Drawing & Animation: [size=2]Characters, Monsters, possibly vegetation and buildings. (2D platform style.)

!Positions available!

Team structure:
--Coding:

--Fredrik Haikarainen - [size=2]Main coder and project leader, been around since the start.

--Raymond

- [size=2]Programmer.

--Yiruru - [size=2]Apprentice programmer.

--Design & Graphics:

--Benjamin Svantesson - [size=2]Lead designer, sprite artist and co-project leader, been around since the start.

--Kristofer Kjell - [size=2]Concept Artist, Sprite Artist & Animator.

--[s]Gunnar[/s] - [size=2]Sprite artist & Animator. - (Away on personal business.)

--Sound Effects & Music:

--Cyleak - [size=2]Lead Music Composer. Cyleak.net

Venture Website

Contacts:
If you're interested in the programming position, contact Fredrik Haikarainen.

Benjamin Svantesson: Email/MSN - Zethell@live.se
Fredrik Haikarainen: Email - Fredrik@haikarainen.se

We can also be contacted through IRC on
Server: irc.rizon.net:6660
Channel: #Venture

Previous Work by Team:
Personally I've worked with game development since I was 13 years old.
It began with Klick & Play, advanced to Multimedia Fusion 2, and after that I gave up on any form of programing language and started pursuing game design instead.

I've worked with friends before, no real dev team, we've attempted to make games for a long time, mainly MMO, multiplayer games of all kinds.
Nothing that actually got released.

As for the rest of the team, I can't really say much as I don't keep track of their past.
Thou I've worked withJacob Freudebefore, a VERY talented sprite artist, but with very limited time on his hands.

Additional Info:
If there's anything else you'd like to know about the project, don't hesitate to contact us.
We'd rather fill you in, in person.

Here are some images with our current progress and what we want to achieve.

Mock-up: The map was first designed in the current editor, then print-screened and later edited to add effects.

This was done to show you what we envision the game to look like, when it's nearing completion. (still missing NPC/Mobs)

vzwIu.png

Screenshot from editor. (This editor is no longer used for the project, it was scrapped.)
xR2uN.png

GUI for inventory, equipment and stats.
O1t4o.png

Test monster/summon, Earth Golem.
4QDaI.png

Feel free to leave any feedback, positive or negative.
We'd like to know your opinion, even if you don't intend to apply for a position.

• like_button.png
Zethell - Casual gamer & game designer, currently working on [sub](codenamed)[/sub] Venture.
(,X)C-("Q)
Advertisement
*bump* Added GUI artwork to post.
Still need sprite artist with animating skills, please keep sending in applications. ^^

* We can now also be reached on IRC. (info under contact in main post)
Zethell - Casual gamer & game designer, currently working on [sub](codenamed)[/sub] Venture.
(,X)C-("Q)
I'm a music producer looking for some new projects as I have just wrapped up my major one. Here is a link to a sample of my work:

Jay Nyce Tindeck Profile

It's mainly hip hop and electronica, but i have made quite a few chiptune beats as well as orchestral scores.
The best way to contact me would be through e-mail at jaynyceproductions (at) gmail.
Hope to hear from you soon.
I'd love to do sound design and music for this project. I am an audio school grad, and I have the means to produce snes style sound.
The Music composer role has been filled, thank you for your applications!

We still need a character sprite artist with animation experience.
A SFX guy/gal.
Possibly a tool-programer, we've got 4~5 applications for this as of now, so we might have the one we need.
(,X)C-("Q)
*bump* for the glorious pixel artists around the world, we seek your aid.
(,X)C-("Q)
We welcome Gunnar to the team, he'll be working on character sprites and animations. :)

We still accept more sprite artists, contact Zethell if you're interested!

We are no longer looking for programmers for the editor, as the people who have submitted applications for this position doesn't seem to realize how much work it is, and that it was beyond their skill-set.
So our main programmer is doing the editor as well, however, if you feel confident in yourself, and have the time to put aside for a project of this size, then don't hesitate to apply for the position.

---

The programming position is only for the editor, and the editor must be able to handle tiles, adjustable grids & scriptable entities.

Edit: We also welcome Yiruru~! He'll be working as our apprentice programmer, and will be programming the Patcher/Launcher for the game.
(,X)C-("Q)
At the moment we've put the project on ice, as we're re-working the editor, we were hoping to find someone to fill this spot so we could quickly get the game engine done.
Unfortunately, we couldn't find anyone suitable for this task.

However, keep an eye out on this post, we'll be posting a notification here once we're beginning working on the project, seriously, again.

You can still contact us about the project, if you're interested in working on it, or just want to know more.
However, there wont be much work available until the project kicks off again.

//Game Realm Studios.

P.S. - The IRC channel is also dead until then.
(,X)C-("Q)
This looks good!
We were just invited to Retro Spels Mässan in Sweden Gothenburg, to show off the project! :D

We'll work hard to have a showcase demo until then. hopefully we'll make it in time! x)
(,X)C-("Q)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement