Advertisement

[WANTED]Programmers and Designer/Story Creator, RPG

Started by January 01, 2012 03:35 AM
5 comments, last by TheKroge 12 years, 8 months ago
Project name:

[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]Running With a Vengeance 2: The Prologue: The Pre-Prologue: The Burbs[/font]

Brief description:

[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]This is a niche RPG I've been working on for about 6 months, and it's finally to the point where I need to bring on more hands to develop content for the game! It's a browser-based online RPG in which the user plays a runner, and it chronicles his rise to the top of the running world, and the challenges he faces along the way. The user can train their runner, perform different quests, race other NPCs to gain notoriety, and race other users online. Ultimately it will have a leaderboard of the fastest user who plays the game.[/font]

Target aim:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Freeware[/font]

Compensation:

There will be no monetary compensation for this,but those who contribute will be given credit. As this is more a hobby project, it will be open to people of all skill levels and if you are looking for a place to start in game development, this would be the perfect experience for you.

Technology:

[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]This is programmed in Java. However, you don't need to be a Java guru to be able to contribute, as the development I need help with is very straightforward, there's just a lot of it![/font]

Talent needed:

[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]2-4 Programmers, preferably knowledgeable in Java but it's not required[/font]
1-2 Designers/Story Writers to help design game content

Team structure:

Philip Devine (myself): Designer and Developer

This is a site I threw together in about a day just to host the game, but it gives a brief overview and some controls. To play, just press login, you don't need a username as it isn't currently hooked up to the DB.

https://titanfiles.u...inp52/rwav.html

Contacts:

My email is devinp52@uwosh.edu

Previous Work by Team:

I have about 5 years of programming experience, and 1 year of game development experience.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

ANY[/font]

Update, so far I have one programmer interested, but still in dire need of a dedicated designer/story line developer!
Advertisement
TheKroge,

I wish you the best on the project! You have an interesting concept, and hopefully you get some more people on board. I would suggest getting some graphic artists on board, you never know where this might go. :)

I did try the app on your site, and other than the keyboard delay when moving, it looks good.
GameDev Journal: http://www.gamedev.n...-rooks-journal/

OpenChess - 1.0 done!

Classic RPG #1 - Task 9 -> January 1st 2013
Hi I was just stopping bye to check out the forums when I spotted yours. I myself is a bit of a Story Writer. I have written game proposals before for my own games. If you are looking for some help I would gladly help with the storyline. I played the game and had a bit of a look what you can do.

If you need help with the music then I also do a bit of composing. I am pretty experienced as a Story Writer. Please message me if you would like to sort an arrangement
Cool! I pm'ed you so we'll chat more soon.

Just an update, I now have two story/quest developers, and one programmer. If I could get one more programmer we would be golden. I'm also accepting applicants who are interested in 2D art for the game, but you needn't be "dedicated" as it's not the primary focus right now. Also, expect big updates over the next two weeks to the racing in the game, and the content!
I would like the programming position here. I could really use the experience.
Advertisement
At work right now, I'll get back to you in more detail later today, thanks for the interest!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement