Advertisement

[Paid] Seeking 2D Artist(s) for large project - Pixel Art / GUI Work

Started by January 01, 2012 08:34 AM
1 comment, last by RPGMaster2000 12 years, 8 months ago

Project name:

Our working title at the moment is strictly technical, we refer to "the game" as Sandbox.

Brief description:
Sandbox will be an online RPG that follows typical sandbox styled online RPG conventions.

The world and characters are based on a 32 x 32 grid. You're able to move in 8 different directions. Up, down, left, right, and the diagonals.

Here are some examples of games that have a similar art direction to what we're interested in. http://i.imgur.com/3cQWt.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vHM5C.png

Target aim:
Retail, pricing structure undecided. One time purchase vs free to play with an item shop remains to be decided.

Compensation:
We have a budget for this project and rates are, obviously, negotiable.

Technology:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]Our product will not be cross-platform and targets Windows. I'm sure this is of no surprise. As a side note, the engine, game, and server are programmed in C++[/font]

Talent needed:
We need a very talented pixel artist first and foremost. This individual should be very experienced and willing to tackle and complete a large workload. This will include character animations, textures, objects, etc. However, the work will be presented with detailed specifications and guidelines. In addition, we seek an artist capable of designing a graphical interface. Again, the work will be presented with detailed specifications and guidelines.

Team structure:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]There are three individuals working on this project. I am the lead programmer, Nate is an assistant networking programmer, and Brandon oversees world, game, and level design.[/font]

N/A

Contacts:
stevexter@yahoo.com

Previous Work by Team:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]As a team, this is our first project, there are servers, emulators, and other projects Nate and I have worked on but are not relative to this topic.[/font]

Additional Info:
An artist with a personal interest in online RPG's is always a bonus, I believe if someone has personal interest in a project they produce better results.

bump
Advertisement
I'm interested in doing GUI work for this game. If you wish to see what I'm capable of, please visit my portfolio at www.michaelchiniquy.com.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement