Advertisement

Looking for a musician to help develop a rhythm game

Started by January 05, 2012 04:41 AM
-1 comments, last by Tekken5 12 years, 8 months ago

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Brief description:
I am developing a rhythm game for iOS. It follow the basic music game format of "hit the button when a note icon passes through another icon". What makes this game different is that instead of using pre-made tracks, all of the music is generated. My idea is to have a database of music loops, samples and sections. When the player starts the game, the song would be created from that database. Playing the game would also earn the player credits, which can be used to purchase new sound loop packs (such as a drum loop pack or a bunch of guitar riffs).[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I have a gameplay prototype up and running, but I need help with the music creation and the technical aspects of music (timing, length, etc.).

Target aim:
The target aim is iOS. Whether that is for free, free with ads or paid, is up for discussion.

Compensation:
If any money is made off of this project, we will split it equally.

Technology:
I am using the Unity 3D game engine. You can use whatever software you want.

Talent needed:
The problem is, I have little to no music knowledge (I have messed around with arranging loops in garageband but that's it). I not only need someone to create the music, I need your help to develop the gameplay mechanics. How fast should I move the note icons in order for them to match up to the beat? Is my music generation idea practical or even possible?

Contacts:
Please email me at tofudude@me.com

Previous Work by Team:
I have worked on several games including a old school shooter homage, two arcade style games that are going to be published on the iOS app store and I currently have bowling and beat-em-up games in development.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Feedback:
ENCOURAGING[/font]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement