Game Dev Team

Started by
2 comments, last by sarim 12 years, 6 months ago
Team name:

[font="helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#282828"]Devil Theory Entertainment[/font]

Project name:

N/A

Brief description:

I have been programming in C++ for a few years and i would like to start a small game development team to create some small indie games. The first projects we make i would like to be 2D style just to get a sense of working together. Then later on we can try 3D. I have experience with SFML and will most likely be the main graphics API we use along with C++. Also i have some knowledge of DirectX so that is another option as well. The types of games we make are all up for grabs. My personal interests are 2D sidescrollers, RPG's, or arcade style action games. But again more can be discussed with me.

Target aim:

Most likely the first couple games will be freeware. But as the games get better and more advanced i would like to sell them for a profit...which will be distributed among those would collaborated on the project.

Compensation:

Ill just tell you up front dont expect any type of compensation right now. As i mentioned maybe later on if we manage to get some games on the market to sell then the profit will be given. This team as for now is solely being created for the experience, fun, and satisfaction you get out of creating a game.

Technology:

Target: Windows, Xbox Live Market Place (Later on if we use DirectX)
Technology: C++, SFML, DirectX

Talent needed:

As of now whatever talent i can find would be great. Ill keep updating this post whenever i fill a certain position. Ideally i would want another programmer to collaborate with me, and an artist. Your experience doesnt really matter to me as long as you have a good understanding of what you are doing and what the team requires. This is a learning process for everyone so dont be afraid to admit you dont know something...i know i dont know alot of things ;)

Team structure:

- Sarim : Programmer/Lead Game Designer and Project Manager

Dont have one but if someone on the team is willing to make one that would be awesome.

Contacts:

Email: sarim.janjua2013@gmail.com (make sure you get the period in between sarim<dot>janjua)

Previous Work by Team:

I started a couple small teams and projects before but they were abandoned because of time issues. Im hoping the same wont happen again but it doesn't hurt to try :)

Additional Info:

Please feel free to contact me anytime and leave an email. I really do look forward to starting a project with some people and if you have any questions what so ever or want to talk about goals and expectations just leave me an email.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

ANY

[/font]

Advertisement
I sent you an E-mail, but to be sure I'm writing here

I have a few basic ideas for a first game. Nothing too complex, things to get us started. My main skills however are more time mangement, marketing and the whole business side of things. I can easily whip up a website and would like to bounce ideas off you for a first game and make up some UI's and at a push i can make basic 2d concept art for any of the ideas too, just to get the ball rolling.
I also know someone who can do sounds, but i know that will come on the later stages of making the game.

E-mail: Toondaawg@gmail.com
ph34r.png If you need a composer...cool.png just PM me ^^

Previous work:
http://armorgames.com/play/4819/siege-master

My site with samples:
http://www.wix.com/norby21/mysite#!

Contact if interested!rolleyes.gif
EDIT:

New Team Member: Alex Toon - Project Manager

-Still need another programmer and artist

new Email as well - DevilTheoryent@gmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.