2D Programmer/Pixel Artist for Text RPG/Puzzle Game

Started by
0 comments, last by KezRst 12 years, 6 months ago

Brief description:

[size=2] I'm looking for a 2D pixel artist and/or C++ programmer who can help in developing a simple 2D text based RPG or puzzle game. The idea behind the project is not to create the new biggest or best RPG or puzzle game. This is going to be freeware, the idea is setting up a reasonable project that can be completed by a team of 2-3 people.

[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828] I want to work on some sort of puzzle game (probably a series of unrelated mini-games that become more challenging as the game progresses) that focuses both on completing puzzles and making the player time their moves accurately & have fast reflexes. My second idea is to create a text based RPG game that allows the player to play through a heavily story-based game which will incorporate some generic turn-based fighting, dungeons, while also focusing on the creative side of game development by incorporating some less common or new game designs.[/font]

Target aim:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828] The current project (which this post is advertising) is aimed as freeware. If the project goes well and everyone wishes to continue I might expand and consider a larger second project, but for now I am focused on this smaller project.[/font]

Compensation:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828] As mentioned above the current project is freeware. Your compensation is a completed project in your portfolio.[/font]

Technology:
[size=2]Target system: Windows XP/Vista/7
Programming Language: C++
[size=2]API: Preferably SFML (because I know my way around it), but am open to learning other APIs if anyone else has another preference.

Talent needed:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828]1 C++ Programmer (knowledge of at least 1 API, grasp of programming basics [classes, pointers/references, inheritance, heap/stack memory etc.], desire to improve programming knowledge)[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828]1 2D Pixel Artist (Ability to provide examples of past work. Does not need to be amazing, the idea here is to improve your talent through experience).[/font]

Team structure:
[size=2]Aaron Fernandez (myself) -
C++ Programmer (1 year of experience self-taught, just started work on CS degree.) I will help work on the programming design and implementation, as well as help with the game design prior to the actual development stage. I have knowledge of C++ basics up through and including virtual inheritance/abstract classes, efficient memory usage, etc. and am continually working on learning more.

[Team Structure updated 1/25/12]

Contacts:
[size=2]Aaron Fernandez (kez706@msn.com)

Previous Work by Team:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828]- Developed a classic server for an online game "Graal Online" using their embed scripting language to create the environment/interaction.[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828]- Developed a single player puzzle game in C++ called Battle Tacors, which is a puzzle game similar to Tic-Tac-Toe with a 12x12 board, 3 simultaneous players (AI filling in for non-players), complete with powerups available for purchase through gaining points in-game, and various other features.[/font]

Additional Info:
[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828]To reiterate, this is a post for a single freeware project to be completed by a team of 2-3 people from the ground up, starting with the game design phase. If you're looking for a large-scale project or looking for paid work, this is not the topic for you. I will consider larger scale projects in the future if a few of the first projects are successful and the team expands. However for now my only interest is working on my programming skills along with collaborating with others to help their skills.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#282828]Any.[/font]

Advertisement
Update: I have concept designer/pixel artist for the RPG project (Aldeus).

I've also taken the last week or so to construct a GDD that goes over in detail the design for the project. The two parts of the design that are incomplete are the interfaces (The two of us will be working together on designing and creating concept art for the interface designs to add to the GDD and later implement) and the storyline.

With that being said, I'm updating the project positions I'm looking for for this project:

- One 2D C++ programmer (Preferably familiar with SFML, not necessary)
- One story writer.
- Possibly one more 2D pixel artist. For this please be able to provide examples of your work.

The full version of the GDD is available upon request to anyone interested in helping on the project. The GDD is copyright and intellectual property of me (Aaron Fernandez) 2012.

As we are still working on the last two parts of the GDD and are still in the design phase of this project, any part of the design is still open to change. If you would like to help on this project in any of the above positions, you will also be able to provide input on any part of the project design.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement