🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Site submission

Started by
3 comments, last by cbeek 22 years, 8 months ago
I just recently finished a platform game, Frazier''s Island, that is being published by Etiumsoft (www.etiumsoft.com). The game has been submitted to all of the major download sites. My publisher said that it will be a little while before the game appears on these sites. I am curious about how long it usually takes for a game to appear on a site such as download.com, tucows.com, rocketdownload.com, etc. Any experiences or opinions would be appreciated. Oh yes, and don''t forget to try out the game. You can download it at www.etiumsoft.com/frazier.htm Thanks! cbeek
cbeek
Advertisement
Most sites are fast though the big ones are very slow. Download.com takes several months and ZDnet and Tucows are also very slow (though ZDnet and Download.com has merged now so they will appear simultaneously).

Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu
Johan Torp - http://www.destruction.nu
Hey, congratulations on getting your game published!

I don''t know much about turnaround on the major download sites, but I was looking at your games page and I got curious... do you work for Etiumsoft?

I ask because their webpages seem to imply that they have personally developed all the games that they are publishing.
Thanks for the replies. Actually, I don''t work for Etiumsoft. Perhaps I''ll have them put my name on the Frazier''s Island page. They were very good to work with though.

cbeek
cbeek
I don''t know if things have changed somehow lately, but my game only took about a week to appear at www.download.com.To submit, you must register at www.upload.com .

Jonas Kyratzes - Progressive Game Design & Development
"God is silent. Now if only man would shut up." - Woody Allen
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement