🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Gaming in ICQ?

Started by
0 comments, last by Azrael 22 years, 8 months ago
I just had this crazy Idea yesterday and I was wondering if someone could help me get this done. the idea is simple I want to do a messenger/icq style application just to chat with your friends. THAT also allows you to play with them while chatting... confused? I got this idea while using the messenger Invite function and a game called graal (www.graalonline.com) the app would look like ICq, trillian or messenger, then by pressing a button you can activate a screen, in the screen you would see a 2d tile world and you avatar in the middle, to start somewhere this could be an rpg, with all your info (maps, characters, stats, etc) saved in your hard disk (I know, I know we have to do this in the server so you cant cheat but right now this is the only solution I can think of) then you can invite a play to join you in your quest (or play against him) check the maps. etc. The nice thing about this idea is that it would be windows based, so you could do this (in theory) from your work. Eventually other kind of games could be added, as soon as they fit on your 2d window. Now.. I know directx, opengl and a bit of winsock but I really dont know much of how to build a chat app or how to collapse a window where could info about that? btw. if you like the idea and would like to do it yourself in java or something.. go ahead, any credit to Azrael Kans would be apreciated though.. as well as a free copy. =) The key elements of this idea are. *A chat application (it doesnt look like a game is primarily a chat app with a game option) *A collapsable game window (lets face it you wont be able to use it at work, unless you can collapse the window) *The join option (what will make the game fun is the ability of others to join your game as well as the capability to join other person game) *Compatibility with another msgin system? (this would be neat although dificult) *Extendabilty (so you can play several games with the same app =)) Thanks in advance. Edited by - Azrael on October 8, 2001 7:06:54 PM
Advertisement
a friend of mine made this, its a pictionary type online game...written in tcl(lol)

http://www.guessasketch.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement