🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mass-mailer?

Started by
2 comments, last by Jester101 22 years, 8 months ago
Hello, I was wondering how you people send informations about patches/new releases etc. to your customers? What mail program do you use? I am looking for a freeware mass-mailer that DOES NOT show the other e-mail adresses the mail is send to.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
Not sure if it can be used for business purposes, but Hotbot mailing lists might work...the only downside is that anyone can speak on it. But here''s an easier way, I think.

In your address book, get all the people the mail needs to get to. Then, mail YOURSELF the email, and Bcc everyone on the list the mail should go to. They can only see their email address there. I''m not sure, though. I know that''s how spammers set it up...
http://edropple.com
If you have an online user database (in MS Access), then you can create a web-based interface using ASP to develop your own software with only about 20 lines of code.

Edited by - alex mcandrew on October 6, 2001 5:43:34 PM
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined
What you are looking for is called a listserv. There are plenty of free ones available. You set up the list and then the listserv actually does all the mailing. That way your ISP doesn''t complain about you spamming...

Of course, if you have a good relationship with your ISP and they aren''t going to automatically block you for sending 1000 email messages, then you can just set up a big mailing list in Eudora or any decent mail program.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement