🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Waterfall

Started by
10 comments, last by GameDev.net 12 years ago
Based on a concept by Jaime Martinez, this image shows the heart of the scene at the end of the movie. I decided to bring his concept to life because of the potential I found on it. A good place to implement cool rendering features and a peaceful place to work on.
I have learned a lot while developing this project. I have spent lots of time reading the real time rendering book in my daily travel to the office. Many other resources have helped me so much, as you can see at the end credits.

More info about the project can be found here

Click here to view the iotd
Advertisement
Awesome!
That looks beautiful!
Looks great. It's a bit disappointing that gamedev.net is mainly a programming society - I've always thought it would be great if there were many more artists around.

Looks great. It's a bit disappointing that gamedev.net is mainly a programming society - I've always thought it would be great if there were many more artists around.

The interesting thing is that this is beautiful thanks to code. I had to code hlsl! :D
Awesome job David!
Thanks!
That reminds me of something Claude Monet would have in his backyard. That is very beautiful!
Very nice. One minor criticism would be the speed and the choice of noise in the waterflow: it looks a bit more gel than water right now. Also, I'm wondering if proper attenuation of transmission due to fresnel is present in the water: looking at the part of the video with the camera orbiting around a closeup of the water, I was under the impression that the water transparency wasn't changing in accordance to our point of view.
Cheers!

Very nice. One minor criticism would be the speed and the choice of noise in the waterflow: it looks a bit more gel than water right now. Also, I'm wondering if proper attenuation of transmission due to fresnel is present in the water: looking at the part of the video with the camera orbiting around a closeup of the water, I was under the impression that the water transparency wasn't changing in accordance to our point of view.
Cheers!

RF0=0.02 ;) If it looks too strong is because of the HDR reflections fake I did. The sky is very very bright

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement