🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

dead-reckoning?

Started by
6 comments, last by supercow 22 years, 8 months ago
Anyone have a simple explanation for cubic-spine dead-reckoning??? I am designing a multi player 3d game using a high-up-over-the-shoulder cam. I don''t want to worry about 3 dimensions because the terran is mostly flat (the player can''t go underneath geometry). I read the gamedev.net article but i can''t seem to figure it out. Would somebody mind giving it a brief explanation of the theory/implementation the Cubic Splines in dead-reckoning? Any thing will help. Thanks A lot Kevin. Moo goes the cow
Moo goes the cow
Advertisement
NO!!!
Um, thanks!?!
Moo goes the cow
Why o why... I had a terribly long post here and Gamedev.net went offline... now it''s gone.

Well, I might re-write it later today supercow...

Almar
www.persistentrealities.com for Inline ASM for VB, VB Fibre, and other nice code samples in C++, PHP, ASP, etc.<br/>Play Yet Another Laser Game!<br/>
Ok, thanks anyway.
Moo goes the cow
I would like to know as well
go to the "articles & resources" section of GameDev.net... there is an article about this, that i read just yesterday... i can''t explain it, as i was only reading for kicks on not detailed information... but they explain it nicely...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
the article i mentioned above is: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article914.asp

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement