🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Directplay and game joining

Started by
1 comment, last by supercow 22 years, 8 months ago
Hey, I''m considering using directplay for a game (please don''t respond with reasons why i should/shouldn''t use directplay) and wondering if it allows players to connect/disconnent during the of a game session. I want to leave the game session on over long periods of time where users can join/disconnect during the game. I don''t know much about directplay (although i know quite a bit about winsock) so please don''t smack me about my lack of directplay knowledge. Thanks, Kevin
Moo goes the cow
Advertisement
Player can leave/join whenever they want. You can ofcourse halt the "joining" if a game is half underway, and it wouldn''t be fair to let other players enter the game (eg... they have more units, more lives, etc)

www.persistentrealities.com for Inline ASM for VB, VB Fibre, and other nice code samples in C++, PHP, ASP, etc.<br/>Play Yet Another Laser Game!<br/>
K, thanks.
Moo goes the cow

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement