🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Pulsedrive - Future Plans

Started by
2 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 11 years, 10 months ago
News_moddb.1.png

We have decided to reduce our high ambitions in Pulsedrive and focus on the development of [w]tech. All assets for the alpha are finished and we work on the last points on our todo of [w]tech to make Pulsedrive possible. However there will be no further version after the alpha - so we don't call it alpha anymore. As a very small team we have to use our energy in a responsible way and should not 'waste' it in a far to big second or third project where the first one is big enough. This does not mean that we will reduce our efforts to create a great game!

>>Current Development

At the moment we are developing a controller-structure which will be firstly used in Pulsedrive. So we are developing Pulsedrive to debug and test three main aspects of [w]tech, too:

Physics
As already said we are developing a controller which uses the integrated Bullet-Physics. It depends on this controller whether there will a good gameplay.

Rendering
We are using state-of-the-art effects like Filmic Tonemapping and SMAA for Pulsedrive!

Scripting
The whole world around the track is active. Day and night cycle, glowing balloons and gameplay...scripting is the key for creating a game.
This three ascpecs are also our milestons for the internal version 0.18 of [w]tech, which will enable us to finish Pulsedrive. Here is a rough overview about future plans:
Timeline.png
As you can see there are no big projects but [w]tech on our list. This enables us to focus on our core idea to make a great game-engine and editor.

>>First Track

Least but not last we are proud to show you a in-game shot of our first track. Still in progress!
PD_track.png

Click here to view the iotd

Advertisement
I never understood this was still being worked, it always looked so well it appeared ready to go to me! I love the style, looking forward to play it.

Previously "Krohm"

Looks amazing, great work!
If you get near a point, make it!
Unique and beautiful glimpse into your project you gave us. Thanks, guys for being here and doing this.

As a newbie I learned a few things and reinforced a few others by only spending a couple minutes browsing your information. This shows how effective are your concise posts.

Thanks again,

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement