🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tokyo Game Show

Started by
19 comments, last by ffenrikson 22 years, 8 months ago
(-) Hangar nb 1 : 50% of the place was taken by Micro$ft XBx stands. Hangar nb 2 : Big Japanese corp. only. ------- Good looking gals that has nothing to do with the games presented. (+) I played "Space Invader 3D" ------- What do u think of game shows? What are their purpose?
Mr. Garisson"Remember, There''s no such thing as stupid questions, ..."
Advertisement
Yeah I guess trade shows are not always a success. The Tokyo show usually isn''t that bad though. The only 2 purposes for attending it are 1) Exhibiting, and 2) Meeting (potential) business partners. So as a rule you set up meeting before you go there and see the rest as an added bonus

Take care,

Alex
Hmmm. I guess that''s why they are called...hmmm...trade shows?
*g*

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Edited by - DavidRM on October 13, 2001 12:09:57 PM

Edited by - DavidRM on October 13, 2001 12:10:10 PM

Edited by - DavidRM on October 13, 2001 12:10:23 PM
hm... Space Invaders 3D ?
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Yeah it''s nice to see them dust off those old classics. There''s only so many good ideas see
Dave''s on a rampage...

I''ve never been to a trade show... the one I am dying to go to is the GDC. Or XGDC or whatever the hell they''re calling it now. I think it''s less of a "trade" show and more of a community event. The panels they have always sound very interesting, and I hear it''s *essential* for making contacts in the industry.
Trade shows are good for 3 things...

1: Seeing the newest consoles.

2: Telling the rival programmers how you'd do their 'new developments' better.

3: The women.

If you've never been to a trade show, then you are missing loads. What you are not missing however, is the hundreds of crap games/joysticks/devices that go with the very few decent games and the three points listed above :-D

quote: There's only so many good ideas see

Doesn't sound like a good thing comming from a professional BTW!

How are you doing now Alex...Business good?

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

Edited by - mlambert on October 13, 2001 7:01:36 PM

Marc. Help Wanted template | Game development isn't easy! | Indie interviews
Bloodlust is back! -Leave your morals and political correctness at the door.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement