🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Graphics Demo

Started by
3 comments, last by simpler 11 years, 7 months ago
This is a demo program showcasing the current functionality of my graphics library. It's basicly a world editor where you can add objects/lights and manipulate the terrain. After spending some months learning about DirectX 11 I decided to make something containing all the things I've learnt. I plan to continue expanding the graphis library as I learn more things and this demo app will also get updated as time goes. Some of the current features:

• Multiple light sources
  • Model importer (Assimp)
  • Hardware skinning
  • Shadows
  • Normal mapping
  • Terrain texture and height tool
  • Object inspector

The first version of the demo will soon be released, in the meantime you can find the source code for the graphics library and demo on github.

Click here to view the iotd
Advertisement
Acknowledging your effort. Nice work :)

----------

Amazing. Thanks for sharing this, this is really great. Seeing cool stuff has a way of brightening one's day :D

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

How did you learn Dx11? Do you know any good tutorial or book?
Thanks for the kind words guys!

How did you learn Dx11? Do you know any good tutorial or book?

I have been learning DirectX 11 mainly by reading Frank Lunas book "Introduction to 3D Game programming with DirectX 11" and a little bit from rastertek.com. I can really recommend that book, it's great :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement