🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

age limit

Started by
1 comment, last by seze8 22 years, 8 months ago
How old do u have to be to get paid? Does anyone know? Thanks, -darkcoder8 -darkcoder8
-darkcoder8
Advertisement
I think you may need to rephrase the question or add some more information.

If you mean in employment, in the UK I think you have to be 16 years or over except for smaller cases (such as an hour a day after school etc).

Alternatively, if you mean with games (prob most likely), I think any age could do it, although to be honest I don't know the law regarding it because I suppose if you sell through something like regnow.com, its like a contract aint it?

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities

Edited by - lutas on October 16, 2001 9:04:46 AM
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
As lutas said, if we knew where you live and what you want to be paid for, we could give more specific answers.

In the US, you can be on a company payroll as young as 14, but they need to fill out extra paperwork and abide by retrictions on your hours. In practice, few companies do this. (Although it allows for grocery stores and such.) 16 gets a little bit better, but there are still enough restrictions that most companies don't like to deal with it, especially not full time. (But mall stores, etc will)

18 is the magic number for most software companies and such.

Having a game published is something you'd have to do through your parents if you are under 18, since you can't legally sign the NDAs or publishing contracts required.

Edited by - cheesegrater on October 16, 2001 9:39:10 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement