🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Budget selling

Started by
15 comments, last by cbeek 22 years, 8 months ago
I am considering a publishing agreement that would sell my game via retail as budget software. How many sales can I expect from this? Any kind of rough estimate would be appreciated. Thanks. cbeek
cbeek
Advertisement
You need to find a company that produces similar software to yours and try to get a sales estimate from them. By budget software I presume you are actually referring to some sort of accounting software? Or do you mean low-priced software for a console or PC? Additionally, if it is the latter kind, what platform will you be targetting? That makes a big difference.

Charles Galyon
Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
I am talking about a low-priced PC action game. It is a Windows game aimed at children mostly.

cbeek
cbeek
Hmm... well, I haven't any personal experience with that I'm afraid. But if you can get a publishing deal period that might be a really good thing. May I ask who the publisher is? There are some I'm familiar with and some I've heard of who aren't so reputable. And I'm sure there are many other people on here who have also had experiences with a myriad of publishers and you can draw from their experiences.

How much work did you put into this game time-wise? You can also guage how worthwhile it is for you to go with this publishing deal by those means.

Charles Galyon

Edited by - CGalyon on October 19, 2001 1:19:44 PM
Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
The publisher is Xing Interactive. The game has been a long-going project that I have I have been working on and off at for the last few years. It definitely has a lot of work put into it, but I don''t feel that it is necessarily retail quality. Check it out at www.etiumsoft.com/frazier.htm

cbeek
cbeek
Heyt your game dosent look that bad, better than a lot of the games you see people trying lamely to sell. By the time you do a sequel and have a publisher lined up yuou should be able to do something pretty cool.
good luck

http://www.positech.co.uk

Edited by - DavidRM on October 21, 2001 12:22:00 PM
from what i know of budget selling types you usually give you a one off payment of less than 1000 dollars, and then thats it....lot of hard work for what....nought.......I was thinking along the lines that maybe we all need a web central site that sells budget games ......online only...no fancy box...comes with all ya need...cuts out the middle man......and we all get the money......big shot idea....but who knows just maybe..

INVENTIVEDREAMS
We take care of what reality doesn''t
www.angelfire.com/ut2/dreamnite
--- -- INVENTDREAMCREATE -- ---
Thanks everyone. I think i''ll just stick with shareware for this title since it will be much simpler. That central site would probably be a good idea. or at least we could have a directory site with info on shareware games and a direct link to order them. Long live shareware!

cbeek
cbeek

Edited by - DavidRM on October 21, 2001 12:22:14 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement