🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Good experiences with shareware promotion companies?

Started by
1 comment, last by Jester101 22 years, 7 months ago
Hello, has had anyone experience (good/bad) with companies that provide shareware promotion? Take care, Niels

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
I did a bit of research on this during the summer. The results seemed something of a wash. No one was certain that the promotion they had paid for produced (or didn''t produce) a result.

Most of the services provided by "shareware promotion" companies focus on getting your product listed on the myriad of shareware pages and search engines on the Web. That''s something you can do yourself. Just a bit of time each day and post your product to a new page, or update your product on a page where you''re already listed.

Other kinds of marketing you''ll need to do yourself, anyway. After all, only you know it well enough, and truly care enough, to present the kind of message you want presented.

Check out the ASP (Association of Shareware Professionals, http://www.asp-shareware.com) for a lot of free information about marketing your shareware.

"Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted, adn the trouble is, I don''t know which half." -- John Wanamaker

DavidRM
Samu Games
Ah I had a bad feeling about this. That''s why I asked before doing it.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement