🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My shareware directory: Smugglersfiles.com

Started by
1 comment, last by Jester101 22 years, 7 months ago
Hello, my shareware directory is now starting. You can get your games listed there, if you link back. More info at the site in the section "get listed!". Please also add this site to your submission list for future titles too. Take care, Niels http://www.smugglersfiles.com Edited by - Jester101 on November 14, 2001 2:24:29 PM

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
Yeh, I was considering doing something similar, although I was considering utilising a top site script kinda thing.

The basic idea is, the more referrals a particular game/site makes, the higher the place/more coverage should be given on the links directory.

When I started thinking about it a bit more, I have come to the decision to integrate something along the lines of "Try other games" and have the top 5 or whatever listed with descriptions etc whereas the rest just get a text link.

Anyway, any thoughts or opinions on using this method?

(sorry about using your post Jester, but I figured since this is related to yours, I might as well put it here rather than starting a new thread )

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
Well, the idea is to find a balance between trash filled directories like most are and simple link pages with about 5 listings.

And yes, those who drive traffic to my site are more likely to get a better position than others.

Edited by - Jester101 on November 15, 2001 8:07:10 AM

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement