🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Merchandise Sales

Started by
4 comments, last by merchentice 7 years, 3 months ago

Just looking at different options for additional game revenue. Annoying ads and videos are becoming more popular, then in-app purchases like upgrades, bonus levels etc.

Is anyone offering t-shirts or other merch?

Advertisement

Sorry, Just looking how to delete this post, I meant to post it in the GD Lounge.

Sorry, Just looking how to delete this post, I meant to post it in the GD Lounge.

You can't delete your own threads on this forum.

I've reported it for moderators to take a look and move it to the appropriate place.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Thanks

Speaking as an occasionally-performing musician, the amount of revenue that comes from t-shirts and other merch is often grossly overstated, and the profits even more so. I think there's a decent amount of cash in such merch when you have a big enough brand to make people want to wear your stuff in public, and for economies of scale to make it cheap to produce. Otherwise, I'd suggest treading with caution.

(Also, moving to the Business forum.)

Done. (Hopefully)

Merch is a bit hit and miss I can see that, but small games often don't make that much from ads and in app purchases. But, loyal gamers might be interested in a shirt or cap or something unique. I deffo see your point with economies of scale.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of trying this?

(Kylotan Thanks for moving the post)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement