🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IndieGame Marketing

Started by
2 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 6 years, 11 months ago

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any luck or some ideas with marketing their games/apps? I have been doing the usual social media campaigns on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram etc and trying to think of others ways of going about it.  

Thanks.

Advertisement

Have you read Pixel Prospectors Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers? :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

1 hour ago, IndiEire_Games said:

campaigns on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram etc and trying to think of others ways of going about it.  

Sadly there is no easy answer.

I find that the communities I am a active member gets much better feedback, people care more about what your doing if you showed interest in what they do.

The second thing is the kind of website, for example the people on Gamedev.net are more concerned with making games than playing games. So announcing a game here would maybe get you 1-3 downloads. Where posting on a gaming website could get you 4-10 downloads.

If the marketing doesn't go good for you then you could always consider hiring someone who is good with it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement