🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

US Government Forms...

Started by
1 comment, last by PointSoft 22 years, 6 months ago
Hey, Does anyone have any information (websites) that talk about the forms need by small companies or maybe even for Game/Software companies? I need to get information on things like Tax Forms, Social Security Forms, Benifit Forms, CopyRight Forms, Trademark Forms, Patent Forms, Property Forms, and other forms need when collecting large ammounts of money, etc. Thanks, Alex Ford PointSoft EA Co., Ltd. http://www.pointsoftonline.com
Advertisement
A good accountant should be able to help you navigate through the taxes/employee issue. I would not recommend trying to handle that yourself. The US tax code is complicated enough for individuals, let alone for people trying to pay employees.

Patents etc are _not_ something that you can handle without a lawyer. Seriously. If you want your patent to be worth the paper it''s printed on, don''t try to ''do-it-yourself.'' Again, any contract that involves a large sum of money, use a lawyer. Is the $200 you''d save by not using a lawyer worth the risk of getting shafted in your contracts?
I will most likely get a lawyer eventually, but not because I can't handle it myself. Because I have other things to do. I've been known to write up some pretty good contracts and business regulations in the past. (The ones on the PointSoft site don't even do poor justice to what I have done before in contracts behind the public door of PointSoft.)

Thanks for your reply, though. I really don't like to look into lawyers as a first thing because I know I know just as much as any of them. (really) Its like, why waste the money when you can do it yourself. I've been told that if I go to Harvard or some law school, I could pass with a 4 year degree after just a week or so. I've been told this by my business teacher, by other teachers, and by fellow peers. And well, since everyone else has confidence in my legal skills, I think I can handle it myself as long as I have the time allocated to do it.

Oh, and I think I found some good legal forms. So I'm off. Thanks.

Alex Ford
PointSoft EA Co., Ltd.
http://www.pointsoftonline.com

Edited by - PointSoft on December 3, 2001 10:02:04 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement