🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Monetize game

Started by
1 comment, last by Aleid Cross 6 years, 3 months ago

Hi, I almost finished my game. It's a singleplayer shell game with 45 levels, PC. Now I'm thinking how to sell or monetize it. I am really beginner in this sphere so need advice. Is there any platform for my goal except Steam (100 dollars are big money in my country)? Appreciate any feedback.

I create easy games. Easily.

Advertisement

Hey Maran,

I think that you have 2 options:

- Going Han (Solo): In here you can sell your game in several digital stores, like Steam, Origin, itch.io, among others and do promotion yourself in blogs, youtubers, magazines, etc. The problem here is that there's a lot of other games trying to stand out and there's a good chance of becoming a zombie game (games that nobody notice and get dead but still active)

- Get a publisher: Find a publisher with experience in the genre that your game uses. They invest a lot of money in marketing and getting your game noticed by everyone. But sometimes they don't do what they promise and if your game is not profitable they 'toss it into the garbage'. Also they keep from 50%-70% of the earnings.

Well, as you see, there's no correct answer here. You just have to choose one and put all the hard work that you can.

Good luck! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement