Blog RSS import?

Started by
3 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 4 months ago

On the old GameDev I used the import RSS feature for my blog. After the update, my blog does not import any more. When I go into the manage blog page, I don't see any mention of import.

The “New GameDev” post:

https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2268283-a-new-gamedev-coming-soon/

Says “You can still import your blog feeds via RSS!”, so I think it is still supposed to be supported. I waited a couple of months to see if it has just been a glitch in the upgrade, but since it still isn't working I thought I'd post and see what's up.

Thanks,

Geoff

Advertisement

Seems the background task that handles importing wasn't running. I'll need to figure out why. Just ran it and see imported blog entries.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Thanks! Less urgent, but probably still important… is there any support RSS in the settings page for a blog? I don't see any indication in the settings for my blog. So if I wanted to change the RSS import URL, or add or remove an import, I'm not sure how I would go about that at this point.

gdunbar said:

Thanks! Less urgent, but probably still important… is there any support RSS in the settings page for a blog? I don't see any indication in the settings for my blog. So if I wanted to change the RSS import URL, or add or remove an import, I'm not sure how I would go about that at this point.

Thanks for bringing this up. It's an oversight on my part to not have a way to change the RSS import URL. I'll try to take care of this in the next day or two (and make the imports reliable).

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement