Latest Projects List bug?

Started by
4 comments, last by Rutin 4 years, 3 months ago

I noticed when I uploaded my Chess challenge project today that some how my very old Pac-Man project updated to the same date and is now bumped up on the recent projects list. Seems like a bug?

https://www.gamedev.net/projects/341-multiplayer-pac-man-challenge-gamedevnet/

I have not made any updates to this project since back in 2018.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement

Looks like a bug.

Are both of those projects associated with the same blog?

Admin for GameDev.net.

khawk said:

Looks like a bug.

Are both of those projects associated with the same blog?

Yes they are. For some reason my blog entry got attached to the Pac-Man project:

I don't see in option during blog edits to assign or remove projects.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Rutin said:
I don't see in option during blog edits to assign or remove projects.

This might not be so much a bug as an artifact of the conversion and an improvement in the Project-Blog connection. Well, intended improvement. ?

In the old system, Projects were assigned per Blog post. Now, Projects are assigned to Blogs, which is why you can have however many Blogs you want. Basically you have Project Blogs instead of posts about projects in a blog.

Project Blogs are assigned from the Project side now under the Blog tab of the Project settings. You'll see all the project blogs under the Blog management and can access posts from there. It's also where you can change the blog assigned to the project if you wish.

Depending on how your posts and blogs are connected though, it might be a little more complicated for your case. Might be worth poking around the Project side first. And I'll take a look at the whole thing and make sure it's all working as intended.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I checked out the Projects section and under Blog for my 3D Chess Project I'm not able to assign an existing blog to the project, it forces me to make a brand new Blog.

Under the old Pac-Man entry I do see when I click Blog that it shows:

Which gives the option to Change or Manage when clicking the arrow to the right of Blog. I clicked Manage and it allows me to assign another blog to the project but this option isn't there for new projects from what I tested.

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement