Looking for a crew

Started by
12 comments, last by thyma 3 years, 1 month ago

Hello

Im a french computer science student

im looking for a crew/team to help me on a game idea i hade some years ago.

i started dev my idea 1.5 year ago in C with SDL2 and socket.

My project is a multiplayer strategie game.
I dont know if it gona be a fun game because it's realy something new and there is nothing close.

I need people helping me on programing (i have a private github page)

i need also people people helping me on graphic.

some precisions : Graphics are pixel art !!! the scale is 1 pixel in screen = 4cmx4cm in my game

i use a very simple software toolchain: gimp, make, gcc, vim, paint, kolourpaint, git…

if you want more detail about my game PM me : )

If you dont know programing in c dont PM me

1 precision : you will NOT be payed

i have no money to pay anyone, of course if in a distant day this project give money you will be the first to benefit.

any question ?

Advertisement

I realize you can't be convinced with so little information

so i will describe a bit my game.

i decided to name my game empireExpense but im not good with names so im open to suggestion : )

anyway : the objective of the game is to control as much territory as possible.

for this you need recruit mans but there is a limitation of mans you can directly recruit therefore the territory you can directly control is limited. So you need deleguate power : good news : your mans can recruit man who can recruit man as well and so on …., It create a hierarchie. but be aware : yours vassal can betray you any time….

more over other faction can be ally as they can be threat.

another thing to know: contrary to all other strategy game you are also a character in the map.
it mean that you can't be everywere on the map and informations coming to you slowly cause you can interact only with people close to you

hey thymba i can help you with some pixel art i can draw you diferent things the only thing i whant from you is to sent me what type of image you want and your theme and colours and also what type of game is it it's a space game laser, fight game what is it and is it 2d or 3d

helo

hello ty for answer i answer back in private
EDIT i didnt understand how to talk in private so i answer here :D

so it's infortunately complexe and requiered a lot of work cause i experience things

first you need to know : a game last a lot of time and have a lot of player. It begin in a medieval univers and end in industrial univers.

as i told you dimensions are 1 pixel = 4cm x 4cm so for exemple one man is 45 pixel height and 20 pixel width

so there is lot of image requiered but we can divide them in sub part

i give them from the easiest to the hardest
1) ground texture, actualy so ez im abble to do it alone

2) gui : im also abble to do most of the work (but it's not realy prety)

3) characters : characters could be hard but i have a special method (wich take a lot of time) but renderer very good

4) big object like buildings, ship , tree … realy the hardest part

now let's talk about the 2d - 3d
u viewing world from leaning top view like most RTS game
some things like ship and ground are seen 100% from top so you need draw them only once from the top and job is done

but most of object like buildings or character must been drawed in 12 different angle : 0° 30° 60° 90° 120° 150° 180° 210° 240° 270° 300° 330°

here is a draw i made (i proud of this one :p)

ok do you whant to amek you an app to just demo it?

you mean send you the executable of my game so you can test ?

infortunately for now if you want test you need a linux (i tested only with archlinux and ubuntu) with some package installed

of course i gona make it more easy to use for final user but this is not for soon

ooh… i dont have linux but i have a problem i whant the theme of the game like laser space etc the image tipe and do you have a program because mine isnt very good

and my first model an sily gun and a tank not finished

tank
sily gun

here is a screen of what it look like right now

for the style i want you can take a look at age of empire 2

and the image format have to be BMP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement