🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Error Message

Started by
2 comments, last by leggyguy 22 years, 6 months ago
Can anyone tell me what this message means? Compiling... InitTerm.cpp Linking... InitTerm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Game::SortOpp(struct GAMEMSG_GENERIC *)" (?SortOpp@Game@@QAEXPAUGAMEMSG_GENERIC@@@Z) Debug/Creations.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. I am playing around with my DP message handler. When a specific message comes in, I am trying to have my message handler pass the data it has gotten to a function in another class, using a pointer to that class. GAMEMSG_GENERIC is a struct type in which the information the Messagehandler has is passed. Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Its teling you that it cant uild the executable file because you''re missing the function Game::SortOpp(struct GAMEMSG_GENERIC *)..... It means that that function is not there, so you cannot call it, but you''re trying to, and the linker is spewing up telling you it doesnt exist so you cant call it

*st0ned*
*st0ned*
Thanks HairyBudda.

I actually just found out the problem, (you are right of course, I had forgotten to add a bit to my class definitions) and was coming to delete the post, only to find it already had a reply. Man you were quick with that answer .
Cos im st0ned. And i have nothing better to do. :D
*st0ned*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement