Can't write a blogpost

Started by
9 comments, last by Juliean 2 months ago

So I was bored and decided I wanted to do one random blogpost. Well, the forum software decided it doesn't like that very much:

That's all I got. I can write a title, but no content, and if I press “publish” I get a nice user friendly json-response page saying “content: this field is required”. I see other people posting stuff, so it's eigther my browser (I'm on firefox - no I can't be bothered to input my login details to another browser, nor should I be required too), or the forum software became sentient and recognized me flaming it regularily and decided blogposts are above what I deserve.

PS: I would apologize for the passive-aggressive blog-post title/my post in general, but I'm just so worn out by the constant technical issues around here, I'm not even sorry. Don't take any of this personal @mod-team/admins, I just hope that we'll migrate to that otherr solution that khawk posted about soon.

Advertisement

That's so weird! Every spammer out there apparently has no trouble posting blogs. I've never tried to blog here myself. … fwiw, I, too, look forward to a user-friendlier (and mod-friendlier) experience.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

That's so weird! Every spammer out there apparently has no trouble posting blogs. I've never tried to blog here myself. … fwiw, I, too, look forward to a user-friendlier (and mod-friendlier) experience.

IKR, maybe the system just knows that I'm the worse spammer of all, and if it ever let me post another blogpost… ohhh you don't want to imagine.
Even more funny, it just took me 15 minutes to like your post and be able to write a response, because the page also didn't feel like fully loading. I have nothing else to add.

I did just add a comment to a blog and noticed the text box was not wide enough to cover the whole sentence. Initial and final letters were clipped while typing.

Not a big problem, but that's something new, so maybe that's part of some bugs introduced recently.

What browser is that?

Edit: Nevermind. I missed “firefox”..

Admin for GameDev.net.

JoeJ said:
I did just add a comment to a blog and noticed the text box was not wide enough to cover the whole sentence. Initial and final letters were clipped while typing.

I just went to add a comment, too. I couldn't find the Post button until I noticed that there was a horizontal scroll bar. Scrolled to the right and there it was.

It was definately firefox. I could write the article without issue on Brave. I also noticed that the site is much more responsive on that, compared to Firefox in general. Not sure why, I've never seen such a thing (minor differences, yes, but not 1s vs 10s loading, even cached).

Juliean said:
It was definately firefox. I could write the article without issue on Brave.

I use Brave. The article looks great, btw!

I just checked things out in Firefox and didn't see the issue with the blog post, so I'm not sure the issue at the moment. But man, FF is sloooooowwww compared to Edge/Chrome. When I brought the blog post page up it took a good 10+ seconds to show the editor, but it did show.

Also saw the blog comment editor horizontal scroll problem. I'll address that.

Admin for GameDev.net.

khawk said:
I just checked things out in Firefox and didn't see the issue with the blog post, so I'm not sure the issue at the moment. But man, FF is sloooooowwww compared to Edge/Chrome. When I brought the blog post page up it took a good 10+ seconds to show the editor, but it did show.

In case it helps, I get the following console-error exclusively on my firefox, when I open the post-blog page that shows no input-box:

Error: Tempus Dominus Bootstrap4's requires jQuery. jQuery must be included before Tempus Dominus Bootstrap4's JavaScript.

<anonymous> https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/tempusdominus-bootstrap-4/5.1.2/js/tempusdominus-bootstrap-4.min.js:6

lockdown-install.js:1:97687

I'm posting it unformatted, because using any type of code-block quote box will end up softlocking the editor; as is to be expected at that point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement