🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2 Questions

Started by
-1 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 22 years, 5 months ago
I was wondering what would be a good book to look into buying to learn how to do the development of RPG online games. Ultima Online, Diablo II, Graal, Everquest ect... I was wondering what would be a good book to learn how the internet connections between the clients and the servers work enable to display the graphics of other players, messages from players, images, the whole intereaction between other people within a server. I also was wondering if i were to lets say make a game of this type what would be a good connection to get that is "affordable" eg. Not a T1,T2,T3 lol.. Yet good enough to support at least a few people not like huge just enough for some u know? And i was looking for input primarly on what book i should get to learn about this enviorment of programming. I already know how to do the basic TCP/IP chat type programs its just the way the games do it is what im trying to learn. -XSpartacus

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement