🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Distribution Method

Started by
0 comments, last by Smile 22 years, 5 months ago
I would like to know how you deal with distribution process, from moment of registration. Do you create a demo version of your game for free distribution around "the globe", and if someone wish to buy it then buyer must download full version from your server? Or do you have only one version of game which is limited in some way, and if someone buys it you send him the key which unlocks the game? I don''t know are there any other ways of distribution of shareware. I''m planning to distribute a game which is around 4,5 Megs packed, but planned demo version would be around 1,5 Megs (ofcourse if I use this method). One OffTopic question. Is it a good way of promoting your game through www.demonews.com ? Sorry for bad english, but I hope everyone will understand what I asked. See ya!
Advertisement
You can put on your web site a free demo version that people would download to test your game and if those people buy it they will have access to a restrected area in your site where they can download the full game.
KEEP LOADED!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement