🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Does a dev teams location usually affect getting published?

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom- 22 years, 5 months ago
I am founder of a "company" which has alot of very motivated, talanted people and I believe we could go far. However I am worried a little because our team is spread out throughout the world. The "company" is based in the UK, we have four people in the UK, three people in the USA, two people in Sweden, one in Denmark and one in the Netherlands. I was wondering could anyone shed any light as to a Publishers points of view when it comes to the locations of a given development teams members. Can their location affect getting published even if the entire team is willing to re-locate? Please no replies with guesses or assumptions - I am looking for people who may have had, or do have experience with this sort of thing. Cheers, Tom.
Advertisement
I can''t say I''ve been in this exact situation, but I have worked as a contractor for several small companies who more or less rely on freelancers (like me).

I''ve worked with both self-funded companies looking for a publisher and more established ones doing games on contract from their publisher so my answer would have to be; It may be a minor inconvenience, but it''s not a huge huge problem in itself (it may lead to other problems though, but that''s a different topic).

Good luck,
--
Magnus Blikstad
www.witentertainment.com
www.witentertainment.com/demo
Magnus Blikstadwww.witentertainment.com
Don''t cross post. I have deleted the duplicate thread from the Lounge. I would also recomend putting it in the business forum. If you want me to move it, e-mail me (slartibartfast00@hotmail.com)
ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Congratulations! you have been moderated!
Resist nes8bit :: Bow Down to Linux Communisum

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement