🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Story of The XBOX

Started by
3 comments, last by Peeves 22 years, 5 months ago
When we first started making our game it was specifically suppost to be for the XBOX, i heard about the independent program and i decided to give it a shot, well i was too lazy to get around to doing it, when i did fill it out, it turned out i was 2 days late! of all the luck! Now the incubator program is $10k, which really isn''t that bad of a deal....however, since that we are making our game for PC''s and we plan to port it to the xbox once we get the 10k for it... And also, have any of you guys seen those 3rd party people making the Linux box? yeah, a console game system for linux! can ya believe it!!! . That would be pretty cool....however, they wouldn''t make much money, they wouldn''t get really good games cuz everything for linux is free...
Advertisement
The Xbox incubator program also requires that your game concept/demo be approved before they'll take your $10k. But, no, it isn't a bad deal. I read recently that for the first time and Incubator game found a publisher, .

I'm looking for that Linux/PS2 dev kit as well. I've heard that you don't really get enough tools to make a killer 3D game (or maybe not a 3D game at all), but still could be cool for cheap.

A while back Sega was supposed to have started selling an independent developer kit for Dreamcast for only $5K. Its a great console even if it isn't quite as next-gen as Xbox or NGC.

Of course, you can easily do GBA programming for basically free, www.gbadev.org.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

Edited by - grhodes_at_work on January 21, 2002 12:31:28 PM
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
I already talked to a represntitive to microsoft, all he was interested in was how we where going to make the game and the story. I know all the perks, nice, and they are good to work with...

invitations to all microsoft xbox expo''s (free)
some free advertising <-big time good
and some other things.... i lost my e-mail from him a while back.
quote: Original post by Peeves
And also, have any of you guys seen those 3rd party people making the Linux box? yeah, a console game system for linux!

Which one is that? I hope you''re not talking about TuxBox or its predecessor Indrema! Indrema''s dead, and TuxBox is populated by individuals without the skills to develop it. I should know, I was one of the admins on IDN (Indrema Developer Network) and counselled the lead developer for TuxBox. I even toyed with the idea of continuing development on my own, but cancelled my theoretical project.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
i don''t remember the name, sorry, but it looked ok...none of those names spark plugs tho, sorry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement