🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

the big decision: complete or move on? can you help?

Started by
11 comments, last by camcbri 22 years, 5 months ago
Definitely finish the degree. It''d be a serious lapse of judgement to throw away 3 years of effort because you got "spring fever" (it''s the spring semester, anyway, even if the actual season is still a faint hope for the future).

And let this be a lesson to you other college attendees: Take your "block" classes during your first 2 years. Otherwise, you get stuck taking general education classes at the time when you most want to do anything but.

DavidRM
Samu Games
Advertisement
Like the other ten or so people say... finish your degree. I have made use of knowledge that I learned in school (CS major) in every job I''ve had since graduation. Granted, I went to a school that has a very good Computer Science program (UT Austin)... but no matter how bad your classes are, you can always read the textbook. At least two of your upcoming classes are extremely important: algorithms and data structures (how could you wait until your last year to take this???), and your OS class. Those are fundamentals that are important to any programming job, no matter how menial.
thanks for all the input guys.

i''ve still not completely decided. I may be able to get the best of both worlds by transfering credit from one of the game design programs back to ISU.

After taking my biology, speech and statistics class this summer, everything else should be covered by one of the other programs. If not, I''ll weigh the options and probably finish at ISU.

Yours might be bigger. Yours might be harder. BUT, mine is multi textured, bump-mapped, pixel shaded & fully user customizable!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement