🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GDC or E3

Started by
10 comments, last by Queasy 24 years, 4 months ago
I have a choice of going to either one of these conferences (GDC or E3). Which would be the best place for networking and possibly finding internship or a job? I figure it would be GDC. Thanks.
Jonathan Makqueasy gamesgate 88[email=jon.mak@utoronto.ca]email[/email]
Advertisement
Definitely GDC. They have a job fair there. E3 is thrown mainly to sell games to the big boys and is not there for hiring employees.
Which one is the one to go to for investment capital? Where will the publishers and those looking for ideas be? Interesting question.

Kressilac
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
out of curiosity, who here is going?
where is GDC held?
-werdup-
san jose
I might make it. Depends on this months cash flow. I hate startups and cash flow but I love being part of the startup. Wish I could have a tun of money and be a startup. Here''s to dreaming.

Derek
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
How much is the fee for attending?
joeG
GigaPass for GDC is about $1400. They have less expensive "passes", but I forget what they are. Check:
http://www.gdconf.com

I''m going to GDC. GDC seems more along the lines of what I want/need right now, but E3 looks to be a lot of fun too. I would attend E3 if I could afford to hit 2 big conferences this year. Maybe next year I can make it to both.

DavidRM
Samu Games
There is a starter pass for only $125. Get a lot of things, but i''m sure you don''t get as many lectures and things like that.

~WarDekar
~WarDekar

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement