🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Internship

Started by
3 comments, last by Ratman 22 years, 5 months ago
Im a college student now and would really like to get some type of intership over the summer at a game company. Does anyone have any advice on doing this? I think I have a pretty decent resume as well as experience working in non-game software development (as well as a former boss who could vouche for my general knowledge, work ethic, etc). Where do I start? Thanks
Advertisement
Start sending your resume to companies (that you would like to work for), and hope they don''t trash it .

If they don''t trash it, hope everything goes well in the interview(s).

If everything goes fine, I suppose you have got yourself an internship.

Good Luck!
Co-op program. ''nuff said.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Don''t send your CV, they will think you are applying for a job. Write or better yet phone and ask to talk to the HR dept and ask them if the do internships. If the answer is "yes" ask them how you go about applying. Thank them, remember to ask their name and then write directly to them by name with your application.

Also if your at college then they should be helping to arrange internships. An "official" approach from a college is more likely to meet with success.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Remember, many small companies don''t bother with short term internships, and it''s mostly grunt work anyway. A typical summer intern hasn''t even been completely trained by the time they''re leaving your company to go back to school. Focus on large developers can afford to look at things with a more long-term view.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement