🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any Book suggestions??

Started by
-1 comments, last by Chrysaor 22 years, 5 months ago
Hey, I am new here. I never made a networking program. My friends and i are looking into making a game this summer (most likely a fps). I would like to be able to add multiplayer features. Can you guys recommend any good books? I wanna do it in c++, using Winsock and not directplay since most companies dont use dp. Now, i am not really looking for a "what is networking" book since i am currently taking a CCNA course. Therefore, the networking concepts are familiar to me. I know how tcp/ip works, upd,... I''ve done searches on chapters and amazon but there are too many books to choose from. So, i decided to come here and ask you guys. You''ve most likely been in my place at one time or another. I also learn programming quickly enough if i am properly motivated so dont just recommend easy books that will be useful for me for about a month. Thanks to everyone that responds!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement