🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Software or CPA

Started by
0 comments, last by DavidRM 24 years, 4 months ago
It''s tax time here in the US, so I thought I would conduct a quick and horribly inaccurate survey. So...for those of you running your own business and paying employees and/or contractors, what software do you use to: 1. track of income and expenses 2. handle "informational filings" for the IRS 3. track users (if you''re a *real* indie who sells his/her own stuff) Or do you just have a CPA on retainer to handle it all? I''m curious, and I figure it would be cool to compare notes. In my own case, I run 2 companies (with a combined total of 3 products) using Excel spreadsheets and Quicken. For taxes I use TurboTax. I''m considering getting a CPA, though, to help me keep it all straight. For tracking registered users/players, I have several specialized Excel spreadsheets that I''ve developed over the last few years. I''ve looked at some regitration tracking software, but it''s never done quite enough. DavidRM
Samu Games
Advertisement
1. Right now We don''t make enough/loose enough to worry about this. I just use a spreadsheet.
2. Again, we don''t make enough money, but eventualy I''ll be using turbo tax.
3. This one I can give more info about I personaly take all the corispondance (normaly email) and zip(or tar) it along with the finished product and my personal notes. I then add it to a filesystem on a linux box and add the user to a sql database (pgsql which comes with redhat linux).

fyi: I do custom programming, which explains why I add a copy of the finished program with the user information.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement