🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

International publishers

Started by
0 comments, last by kressilac 24 years, 3 months ago
Anyone know the state of affairs with international publishers. What I am trying to discern is if it will be easier to get money for a game through an international company versus an arrogant US company. A problem I am facing here is the US stock market has inflated every investors expectations. While my game might make good money it is not going to return 150% in two years. It will pay for itself and provide those invested with more than enough cash but not the exorbitant rates US investors are seeing these days. I am beginning to look abroad to see if there are companies in countries that would be willing to accept a smaller than 200% return on investment. There was a day when a VC would jump at a chance to get into a 30% ROI opportunity, now they don''t even get considered. Though guess this means the power will shift into my hands when the market finally figures out how to correct itself. Kressilac
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
Advertisement
What exactly are you looking for? A deal to fund the development of the project or is is the game funded and you want the money to publish?

Don''t forget the game MIGHT take off and sell 2 million units so you might be able to increase your projections somewhat : )

Dan Marchant
www.obscure.co.uk
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement