🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Business Location Advantages

Started by
12 comments, last by Sage13 22 years, 2 months ago
I''m in Raleigh, NC. Actually, the RTP is somewhat of a hotspot for game companies, as has been discussed a few times in the past on these boards. I''ll add to the list of game companies that are here, or near hear:

Viscious Cycle - Chapel Hill
Epic (yes, *THE* Epic) is in Cary
Red Storm - Cary/Morissville
Sinister Games - Raleigh
NDL (NetImmerse game engine) - Chapel Hill
iRock - Cary/Morrisville
Random Games - not sure if they''re around anymore
Shrapnel Games - Apex
Timeline Computer Entertainment (I think now defunct now since their game sold VERY few copies) - Cary/Morrisville
LIPSinc - lip sync software maker for game developers - Morrisville
Octagon Entertainment - game agency - Chapel Hill
Quicksand Games - the startup game division of my parent company (see signature below message). We''re not really established in the public eye yet. Kind of doing some secrety things right now!

I know I''m forgetting someone else. I believe there is another new game startup, but I don''t know the name.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
Advertisement
THanx Graham I missed a few that you have.

peace

-Sage13
No problem. RTP is still a little ways from Charlotte, but doesn''t it make you feel good that your state is well represented in the industry? .

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
Well, if you really want an extremely cheap deal, you could move to the center of the ghetto and buy a garage and paint a sign that says ''Ghetto Games''. I''m sure that''d be cheap, and you wouldn''t have much competition .
[email=dumass@poppet.com]dumass@poppet.com[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement